Lounger
    Thanks

get external data from Access 2000 file format (Excel 2003)

I want to create a pivot table in Excel 2003 using the data from an Access query. My Access database is in 2000 format. Also, the query has a 'between [start date] and [end date]' criteria statement.

In Excel, I click 'Data' on the toolbar-->Import external data-->import data. I double-click my query in the list, then a window comes up asking 'where do you want to put the data' and I have a choice of the existing worksheet, or a new worksheet (I choose 'existing'). The string in the little window says '=$A$1'; I click OK.

Then I get an error message: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too Few Parameters. Expected 2.

I think that the date parameter in my query is the source of the problem, but I haven't a clue how to resolve it. I want to be prompted for dates so that I don't have to open the query and change them each time I run this.

Can you help?

Thanks,
    Sherry

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: get external data from Access 2000 file format

Try re-running the wizard and choosing "new". That may give you a clearer idea as to where things are coming adrift. If you are still having trouble, try feeding a specific date. When there is a working SQL strting, you should be able to go back and edit it. Then you can insert a date parameter instead of having a hard-coded value. HTH
    Gre

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: get external data from Access 2000 file format

I'm not sure I provided enough information the first time. Here are the details, including all of the tables involved etc. The idea about just trying 'new' didn't really help. One of the problems is that not all of the tables show up in the list in the Query Wizard. I hope you can help me.

srs

First Table: Audit03
    Pulled from external database into Excel, then imported into Access table.
    Contains records of ads scheduled. Each