Lounger
    Thanks

Rules not always running (Outlook XP/2002)

I have a number of rules set up to process messages after they arrive in the inbox and save them in various subfolders but sometimes the rules dont run automatically every time.

When I do find messages sitting in my inbox that should have had the rule apply, I go and re-run the rules manually and all affected messages are redirected.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, is there a way to ensure all rules are process every time?

Thanks in advance.
    AB

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Rules not always running (Outlook XP/2002)

It sounds like you have some potentially conflicting Rules. In some cases, you may need to add the "Stop processing any more Rules" option to a Rule. Alternatively, you may wish to look at simplifying the structure. HTH
    Gre

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Rules not always running (Outlook XP/2002)

I was thinking along the same lines as Unkamunka, but taking it a little further. Clear all of the checkboxes next to your rules and execute them one at a time, checking to see if the results are what you expect. If all goes well there, begin re-enabling them in halves. That is, re-enable one half of your rules and execute the rest manually. Check your results. Continue until you narrow down which rule is the problematic one.

If you test all these scenarios and still have problems, of course, ask away. But you need to eliminate some possibilities first.
    -Mark