Thread: ba (vba)

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

ba (vba)

what is thw default view for the initial window that comes up in vba, and how does one changeit?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: ba (vba)

On the left side, the Explorer window shows all the open Projects, the Properties Window which shows Properties of the selected Project, on the right side is the Code window, which varies with general code modules or event selected. I think the Intermediates window is not open by default, but I always have it open; once you learn its uses, it becomes invaluable; open it with Control G. A lot of users also keep open the Object Browser, open it with the F2 key; I prefer to only use it intermittently when I need it.

All windows can be closed, dragged and resized to suit. For more Window info, such as the Locals and Watch windows, see under the View Menu and Help.

If you search this Forum you'll also find some threads discussing on-line and book resources for learning Excel VBA at beginner, intermediate and advanced levels.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your reply, John. I have been working every angle to my window, and all I get it to show iss either all code or all modules-not both at the same time. That's how I would like it to be displayed. How can you do that?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Jeff, see attached screenshot.

1 = Project Explorer
    2 = Properties
    3 = Code module
    4 = Immediate window

The blue arrows indicate edges you can drag with the mouse button down to rearrange the window.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Select the right edge of the Explorer/Properties Window so that the border drag icon (two vertical parallel lines, left one with an arrow pointing left, right one mirror image) displays, drag it over to the left. If you mean to see mutiple code windows, there are cascade, pane and split options under the Window menu, but I don't use them much except to occasionally split.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Hans and John. Yes I know how to size/resize windows that are open, but I appreciate your help nonetheless. What my problem is that now whenever I go to VBA from Excel, I get a blank page (yes, previously I said a code page, but somehow that has changed). What I want to do is somehow set my excel program so that whenever I open VBA, I will have the "outline" of the modules, etc., on 1/2 of the page, and a code page that corresponds to the highlighted module on the other 1/2. I hope I explained it clear enough-sometimes, being new to vba, I am not real comfortable

Thanks

Once you set them the way you want, VB should remember these settiings.
    Open the panes and arrange, close VB close excel, Then reopen excel and VB and it should be as you set them

Steve