Star Lounger
    Thanks

Cant open access (97)

Hi i tried to open access and i get this message that appears. The only thing i did before this happened was i changed the icon using an icon changing program. The new icon has now vanished and the database has returned to its default access icon. Any ideas??
    Thx for the help in advance,
    Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: bmp u.bmp (29.4 KB, 1 views)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Cant open access (97)

You first state "I tried to open Access" which would imply that you have problems getting into Access at all; later on you mention "the database" which points to a particular database.

MSysDb is the database object within an .mdb file; if this is corrupt, the chance of recovering the database is slim. A recent backup is your best bet. You can also try the steps outlined in ACC97: How to Repair a Damaged Jet 3.5 Database, but don't get your hopes up high.

If you don't have a backup, and you really need the data, consider sending the database to a company that offers database recovery services. See <post#=332247>post 332247</post#>.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Cant open access (97)

By the way, I don't think it is a good idea to modify either MSAccess.exe itself or an Access database with an icon changing program. Microsoft may well have built in checks to detect unexpected changes in a file.