3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Changing word to Acrobat format (Word 2002 XP)

Hello everyone:

Can anyone advise me on how a may change a word document that was scanned and saved as a Word doc to an Acrobat format.

I have been trying to send the doc via email, and it just takes far too long, and then the email is reported as an unsuccessful send. I used HP Precisionscan pro, with True colour (16.7 million colours) and saved the item to Word. Do I have any other option to get this document through via email?

Thanks dillon

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Changing word to Acrobat format (Word 2002 XP)

Have you tried to zip the document? If you have Windows XP, zipping a file is built-in; otherwise, you'll need WinZip. If you don't have that, visit http://www.winzip.com.
    PDF (Acrobat) files are not necessarily very small. To create an Acrobat file, you need a program that can create PDF files. The "official" Acrobat series of software from Adobe is good but pricy. There are cheaper, even free alternatives, see for example <post#=314690>post 314690</post#>. A search for free pdf in the Software Finds and Wants forum will turn up other possibilities.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hello Hans

Thank you for your advise, I will ask the recipients if they have the ability to unzip the document.

Thanks again.

dillon

Thanks

I'm curious about how successful the scan was at decoding the image back into a Word document. Did it perform OCR (optical character recognition) on the text or just insert lots of graphics? Naturally, graphics are more space intensive than text.

Some scanners can save directly to PDF. You have to experiment with the resolution (e.g., 200dpi, 400dpi) to get the best balance of "fineness" and file size.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Jefferson hi

I have an Epson CX3100 scanner/printer/copier and that will scan directly to a Word document. I scanned a 30 page document last week, while it doesn't interpret flowcharts or boxes it does do the text contained within.
    It also gets a bit confused with punched holes.

Cheers
    cheers

Phil Carter