2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Keyboard that won't stick. (Windows XP/Outlook 2002)

Hi Gang,
    I have a friend that has Windows XP and Office XP. I have set up his default keyboard to be French Canada. When he tries to enter a new contact in Outlook the keyboard siwtches to English. Just plain annoying. What can I do to make sure it sticks to French Canada.
    Thanks

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Keyboard that won't stick. (Windows XP/Outlook 2002)

What settings do you have in the various tabs of Control Panel => Regional and Language Options?

You might want to check you have French (Canada) specified there also (which may help?).
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Keyboard that won't stick. (Windows XP/Outlook

This has been a problem with Outlook for some time. Until some universal fix surfaces, your friend may be better off with actually typing out the input in Notepad - or some other application and then copying and pasting it into Outlook. Not a very satisfying workaround. If it is merely a matter of acute accents, holding the AltGr key (to the left of the spacebar) down while typing the vowel, will deliver that accent on an Anglophone keyboard. HTH
    Gre