Lounger
    Thanks

Chart Wizard (Excel 97 SR-1)

I have recently been using the "Chart Wizard" for the first time. I think I have a pretty good grasp of how it works and how to control the various options it offers. Today however, I tried to input "Source Data" which included 8 quarter ending dates and 8 average quarterly prices. The "Chart Wizard" would not allow me to use more than 7 dates and prices. Am I doing something incorrectly? Is there a way to overcome this limitation?

Thanks in advance for your assistance

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Chart Wizard (Excel 97 SR-1)

I don't know how you specified the source data, but the easiest way is to select them before starting the Chart Wizard.

Lounger
    Thanks

You're correct. I was making my data selections after starting the Chart Wizard. When I selected the data first, everything worked well. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and your time.

Best Wishe, Ben

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

(This happens in Excel 2000, but might work in 97)
    When you select nearly any data part of the chart, the selected data range is highlighted on the spreadsheet proper. You can drag the selection from just as you normally would. Also, in the Cart properties (In Excel 2000, right-click, select "Source Data" from the context menu) you can access the range in the "C2:C9" format.

Errol