Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Bronze Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,560
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Little report problem (XP)

    I hope this makes sense....

    On a report, I have two text boxes (lookup fields) that originally displayed the data they were designed to display. Well, for one reason or another, I had to rework the report and deleted those two fields, among others. Later, I put them back, but now they display the Primary Key field from the tables from which they draw their data. (For example, one displays "7" instead of "Video.")

    The underlying tables (where these are lookup fields) are set up to display the real information and hide the primary key (as recommended in the Lookup Wizard), but I can't seem to nudge these fields into compliance on the report. How can I fix this problem?

  2. #2
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Mt Macedon, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    3,993
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 45 Times in 44 Posts

    Re: Little report problem (XP)

    In the query that drives the report, add the two lookup tables, then add the two fields you want displayed.

    Now change the Control Source of the controls to the data you actually want displayed.

    I much prefer to have tables show you what is really in them, rather than hide it and show something else. It is too easy to forget what the real data is, then find, as you do, that reports don't work.
    Regards
    John



  3. #3
    Bronze Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,560
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Little report problem (XP)

    Well, that certainly took care of that little problem in short order! From one 5StarLounger to another, thank you!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •