Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Little report problem (XP)

I hope this makes sense....

On a report, I have two text boxes (lookup fields) that originally displayed the data they were designed to display. Well, for one reason or another, I had to rework the report and deleted those two fields, among others. Later, I put them back, but now they display the Primary Key field from the tables from which they draw their data. (For example, one displays "7" instead of "Video.")

The underlying tables (where these are lookup fields) are set up to display the real information and hide the primary key (as recommended in the Lookup Wizard), but I can't seem to nudge these fields into compliance on the report. How can I fix this problem?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Little report problem (XP)

In the query that drives the report, add the two lookup tables, then add the two fields you want displayed.

Now change the Control Source of the controls to the data you actually want displayed.

I much prefer to have tables show you what is really in them, rather than hide it and show something else. It is too easy to forget what the real data is, then find, as you do, that reports don't work.
    Regards
    John

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Little report problem (XP)

Well, that certainly took care of that little problem in short order! From one 5StarLounger to another, thank you!