Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Database v Mouse (Access 97)

Many moons ago I created a database that had a form providing details of a property and then a subform showing a picture of the house. There is a one-to many relationship between form and subform showing various aspects of the property. I had a list of 40,000 properties so I stored the actual jpegs of the various properties in external files and used a clever add-in (which I got somewhere in the Lounge) that stored the file location string in a field so that the user could see the picture.

Having transferred the database to a more up to date PC which has a scroller button on the mouse, if I now move the scroller the button, it flicks through all my property records until it comes the end and then bugs out. Escape doesn't have an effect.

Is there a way I can disable the scroller button on the mouse or is the a piece of code that can suppress this avalanche or is it a case of just swapping the mouse over to a standard PS2? I would prefer not to go for the latter option!!!!

Jerry
    Jerry

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Database v Mouse (Access 97)

Stephen Lebans has a neat solution. Download MouseWheelHook.zip (only 43 KB) from Mousewheel On/Off. The zip file contains a DLL and a demo database in Access 97 format. Unzip both to the same folder and open the database; the main form demonstrates that you can turn the mouse wheel on and off, and contains instructions for use. The database contains a module that you can copy to your own databases.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Database v Mouse (Access 97)

Hans

This question was one I thought would stump the boards for a little while! Looking at the code I think it best not to give the users a choice, so I will run it on Form Load.

Thanks

Jerry
    Jerry