New Lounger
    Thanks

Logging of Internet Connections

Hi all.
    I'm running Win98 on my home PC and usually tend to leave the PC in Stand By over night and during the working day.
    I run ICQ and MS Messenger Service both at my home PC and at work.

Some days lately at work I get an error message from ICQ that my ICQ number is in use on another machine. Furthermore when I awaken the home PC in the evening I have a message on screen saying that I was logged out from MS Messenger Service since I've logged in via another machine (presumably from my work PC).

All this indicates that my home PC logs in to the Internet on it's own during the working day. Is that at all possible?

So my main question is:
    Is there any way of logging when Internet connections are established on a Win98 machine, time of connection and initiated by which application?
    I'd like to figure out what's going on.

Thanks!

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Logging of Internet Connections

Two possibilities occur to me :

Thanks

Re: Logging of Internet Connections

I know that Personal Web Server will run fine with the user logged out of Windows. I imagine (but don't know) that the chat software works the same way, listening for messages even if you are logged out.

It's an odd kind of "standby" where the communication ports remain active. As a workaround, how about disconnecting your modem from the phone line? More a moat than a firewall, but...