Star Lounger
    Thanks

europlaceholder_2000

I recently downloaded ASAPUtilies, a useful add-in, I found.
    Today, when about to customize a toolbar, I discovered a new toolbar 'europlaceholder_2000' It seems to be for converting the various euro currencies to/from each other - it would be useful if I could find out how it works or where it comes from!
    Does anyone know how to use this?

Thanks

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: europlaceholder_2000

I don't think the europlaceholder is part of the ASAP utilities - there is no mention of the web site. Perhaps you downloaded it from a different source.

It might be useful if can find a way to post an example.

Andrew C

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks - I've been a bit stupid - understand where this 'thing' comes from/is now - but not how to use it!
    I recently did a 'detect & repair' on MSOffice2000 - must have been installed then
    I have a file now in MSoffice/office/library entitled eurotool.xla, which the MS site shows as a file installed with MSOffice.
    So far, so good - but when I went into EXcel after the 'detect and repair' there was a floating toolbar 'europlaceholder' which was about a third of the width of the page, on the left was a box into which it was possible to enter a number, on the right was a dropdown menu showing euro>dem, euro>ff, etc., ff>euro, dem>euro etc.
    But.. whatever I did, it wouldn't produce any calculation/result.
    Since I've rebooted (a couple of days later), when I load Excel I can't find this 'thing' any more. I tried to load the .xla file as an add-in, but get the message that it's already loaded - but I can't find it. I tried searching the MS Knowledge Base - no luck, other than finding that the. xla is file included in Office - but I'm not very good at using MSKB
    Can you help - thanks a million

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Have you tried going to Tools, Add-ins and making sure that it is selected. It may be installed but inactive.

Hope that assists

Andrew

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Many thanks - I now realize it's all part off the eurocurrency tools - a useful formatting tool and a not very useful function - never saw the toolbar again that puzzled me to start with though! Anyway, that's that and I appreciate your assistance