New Lounger
    Thanks

Microsoft Office 2000 Update (2000/SP3)

I use Windows 98 with an AMD 1.4Ghz main board. When I try to update Office 2000, it gets about 40% finished then quits with the following message: The Office Update Catalog cannot be displayed.
    The Office Update site is currently experiencing some technical difficulties and is unable to check for updates. Click the Try Again link below to try loading the site again (do not use the Refresh button on your browser to reload the site). If problems persist, please contact Microsoft Support for assistance. You can also search for Office updates in the Download Catalog. Would appreciate any help anyone could give me.
    Thanks,
    C. Burnett

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Microsoft Office 2000 Update (2000/SP3)

What browser version are you using? HTH
    Grüße

New Lounger
    Thanks

I am using Internet Explorer Version 5.01 SP2. I have tried Versions 5.5 SP1 & SP2 also Version 6.0 with at least SP1 and none of them worked either.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Are you try to access Office Update from within Office 2000, or are you trying to reach http://office.microsoft.com/officeup...lt.aspx?CTT=98 just using your browser?
    Grüße

New Lounger
    Thanks

To update Office 2000 I am using: http://office.microsoft.com/officeupdate/m...log.aspx?CTT=98. After it has gone through about 40%, the screen goes blank and changes to:
    http://office.microsoft.com/officeupdate/e...x?Code=3&Error=. When this happens you get the messages I had in my original post. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
    Thanks.
    C. Burnett

Super Moderator
    Thanks

There is likely the left overs from the earlier tries and these may be bombing you out. You might delete ALL temp files, reboot, and try again.

If that does not work you might try the following.
    When the different updates are listed, there should be a "More Info" link. You might try and going to the link and see if there is a download point for that update, and do this for each.

I have had to do this on two machines to update Office 2003.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I don't get far enough to have a list of different updates. When I click check for updates and before it lists any updates the screen goes blank and get the messages I listed in the original post.
    Thanks,
    C. Burnett