New Lounger
    Thanks

Folder problem (Outlook 2000)

I use Outlook 2000, Windows 98 SE.

Problem: Many messages arriving are automatically appearing in my junk mail folder. Not only that, but they appear twice.

These messages were not sent by anyone whose address appears on my junk mail list, nor have I created any rules to send these messages to that folder.

It is interesting that other messages, from the same senders are appearing in my inbox as a single copy.

I have run

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Folder problem (Outlook 2000)

From what you say, there is nothing particularly strange in the Subject line. It is possible that somehow your Rules file has become corrupted.

Access your Rules file - which should be in something like Documents and Settings[username]Local SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftOutlook. It has an RWZ extension. You will need to have both "Show hidden files and folders" checked and "Hide extensions for known file types" unchecked under Start|Settings|Control Panel|Folder Options|View in order to access the file. Close Outlook and try renaming the extension to OLD or something else other than RWZ.

HTH
    Gre

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Folder problem (Outlook 2000)

I tried your method to fix the problem. I think it worked, but I will be certain this next week when the emails start rolling in again. Thank you very much.