BobatJail

Combining Data from two records

I need to be able to take data from a table (Update) and combine it to another table (MAR's), then take the data and print it out from (Update) and then, after ensuring it is printed, delete the data from (Update). The records will be added to from different computers. The tables are identical except for name.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Combining Data from two records

Use an append query to add the records from the Update table to your other table. Print the data from the Update table using a query or a report, then use a delete query to clear out the records in the Update table. What kind of help are you actually looking for?
    Charlotte

BobatJail

When I try the Append qry from one database it adds records but it adds as many copies of the record, each one of them, as are in the receiving database. What am I doing wrong?

For instance; the update record may has three records, the MAR record has 400 records; when I append from update to MAR it makes 400 copies of each of the three records from the update record. how do I get it to add only the three records

Lounger
    Thanks

It sounds to me like you have the table you are appending to (MAR's) in the design view window. It only needs to be in the query as the table to which you are appending, and normally should not be seen in the design view window. If you are appending records from "Update" into "MAR's" your design should only show "Update."
    HTH