New Lounger

Mysterious signature (2002 (10.4712.4219) SP-2)

I discovered a while back that I had written my phone number wrong in one of the signatures I had created, so I went back and fixed it. No problem, I thought.

Yesterday, though, a correspondent pointed out that an email he had just received from me still contained the erroneous phone number! I went back to Tools > Options > Mail Format > Signatures, and what's there is 100% right, but somehow, somewhere, the wrong one is still hiding. Apparently, when I reply to a message that came in in ASCII-text mode I get the old, wrong sig. The new, correct one only attaches itself when I reply to an email I received in html mode.

Anyone have any idea where or how I can find this elusive sig so I can drive a stake through its heart?

Platinum Lounger
    Vienna, Wien, Austria

Re: Mysterious signature (2002 (10.4712.4219) SP-2

There are, in fact, three signatures prepared when you "create" one: Plain Text, Rich Text Format and HTML. They all live in something like Documents and Settings[username]Application DataMicrosoftSignatures. The initial part of the name is the same in each case, but the extension is either TXT, RTF or HTML. You will need to have both "Show hidden files and folders" checked and "Hide extensions for known file types" unchecked under Start|Settings|Control Panel|Folder Options|View in order to access the file. HTH