New Lounger
    Thanks

Multiple contacts add?? (2000/xp)

I am using using Outlook 2000 but the following occurs using Outlook on XP as well.
    I occassionally receive emails with sometimes up to a hundred email addresses/names in the TO field. I know I can add each one - one at a time - to my contacts list.
    Is there an easy way to add all of them to the contacts list at once? If I right click on the list, and do a select all, the "add to contacts" disappears from the pop-up window.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Multiple contacts add?? (2000/xp)

It is possible that something could be done by using VBA code - at which some of our Loungers are very keen on working.
    Gre

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

If someone was to write some basic code, would you also want the CC's to be added to Contacts? (If I have a shot at it, the thing that I haven't thought through is how to avoid creating duplicate contacts.)
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7DS

New Lounger
    Thanks

The ideal scenario would be to highlight the adds whether they are in the CC or TO list and then right click on them and select add to contacts. A person might even want these added to a unique distribution list.
    That is really what I want to do is to add them to a new or existing distribution list in my contacts. But the first step for me at this point is to get them into the contacts.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Selection from the recipient list the way you want is over my head.

I cobbled together some code in the attached text file that asks the user if they wish to add each recipient to Contacts. I also started messing with inclusion or exclusion of CC recipients, but did not complete it, but I'll leave my comments and commented incomplete code here for anyone who wants to take it further. By default, the originator (author) of the message is considered for addition to Contacts. Also, the default Contacts Folder is used.

The code will trigger Object Model Guard Security Prompts in OL 2000 and 2002, work with them or get ClickYes, or get Redemption and convert it the code to work with it. Not tested in OL 2003.

I'm having some inconsistent results with the code that attempts to avoid duplicating Contacts, test it for yourself. (And there may be unused Dims and other code improvement work needed, but it's a start.)
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7DS