2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Toolbars Can't Be Changed (Office XP SR1)

We have one PC that's having problems with toolbars. In Word, not sure about other apps, you can select different toolbars for the current Word session, but when you close out of Word and reopen Word the toolbars have reverted to those that were displayed prior the the previous change. Aren't toolbar selections saved in Normal.dot? On all other PC I support toolbars behave and expected. I wouldn't worry about this one except that it's a very strange toolbar combo that comes up--there's no formatting toolbar and reviewing and forms always come up! Thanks for any help you can give me with this one!
    Thanks much, Judy Crawford

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Toolbars Can't Be Changed (Office XP SR1)

Thanks Phil, before I got your reply I went back to the PC and tried one more time to delete the normal.dot and let it rebuild itself. The first time I'd tried that, I had the same bizarre results, but bingo. The second time I deleted it and selected the toolbars I wanted, exited Word and restarted, the right toolbars opened. Go Figure, I don't know why, but am happy. I will remember that post you referred to for other bizarre things that happen or if this happens again. Thanks, Judy
    Thanks much, Judy Crawford

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Toolbars Can't Be Changed (Office XP SR1)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by Phil Rabichow on 22-Jan-04 20:02. to clarify what I said originally)</P>Hi Judy:
    Toolbar configurations are saved in the registry in the DATA key. See the 4th step of <post#=197827>post 197827</post#>.
    Hope this helps,

Added: The toolbars themselves are kept in templates, including normal.dot. However, docking locations,etc. are kept in the regsitry.