3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Code to stop mouse click Transition (2000)

On my slide I have elements of text dissolving in. I want my user to read, then click to bring in the next bit of text.

Once all the text is in I want them to click on a particular area of the screen to proceed. Therefore, at this point I need code to turn off the transition by mouse click option.

How can I do this?

I'm intending to have a 'Click here to continue' piece of text as the last text item slides in, with a transparent action button over this text so that the code could be attached to the action button.

If this can be done I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Code to stop mouse click Transition (2000)

Could you put a large "transparent action button" behind the text and over the rest of the slide to trap the click event?

StuartR

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Why not just put the presentation into Kiosk mode (Slide Show/Set up Show) and use action settings for the navigation. Action settings can be activated by a mouse click, and you can avoid having to code this. I'd think it would be much easier.

To apply an action setting, right-click an object (such as a "click here" textbox) and go to Action Settings.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Stuart and Echo, but that doesn't quite meet the need. Let me explain:
    I want the first text box to enter, and the text includes the phrase "Click to continue"
    When the user clicks, the next text box enters. However (and here's the rub) I don't want them to be able to click their way through the rest of the slide, as there may be a specific area of the screen I want them to click on to continue.
    So when they click to continue, I need to be able to turn off the "Advance on mouse click" option (Slide Show->Slide transition->Advance on Mouse Click).
    Placing an action button unfortunately takes me to the next slide, rather than continuing with the current slide.
    Perhaps there is code that says "Continue with this slide" which would also work.
    Any further help is gratefully appreciated!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Kiosk mode (slide show/set up show) disables the ability to advance a slide on a mouseclick. If you use Kiosk mode, you must either add automatic transitions or navigation buttons to your presentation so your audience can advance. So, actually, I think that takes care of one of your issues -- that of "don't want them to be able to click their way through the rest of the slide." You would use action buttons (action settings) for your users to advance to the next slide.

To get the various textboxes to come up on click, you could use animation triggers, but you'd need to use PPT 2002 or 2003 for those. In 2000, you'd have to fake it with another slide. So your first slide would say "click to continue." User would click that textbox, which has an action setting applied. Said action setting moves the user to the next slide, which has the next textbox on it. If that slide has no transition effect applied, it will look as if the next textbox simply appeared, and the user will be no wiser.

All in all, I do think Kiosk mode will help solve some of your problems. If you really want to use code, it may be possible, but I'm not a coder, so I can't answer that. Hopefully someone else will pop in with some thoughts on how to do it.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks all for your help.

Echo, your method works well, thanks.

Stuart, apologies, after further investigation I discovered that your method also works well, when the action button is on the right 'layer' and appears after the text boxes are clicked.

Thanks again.