Thanks

Symantec Fax (Office 2003)

I did not set up the fax when I initially installed Office 2003.
    At the time my line was down.
    So, 2 questions.

1. How on earth can I now install and setup Symantec Fax>
    I cannot find it anywhere

2. Will it work OK using Broadband rather than a dial up modem?

I can get received faxes via e-mail, but the service does not
    support outgoing faxes.

Any help gratefully accepted (as always)
    Andrew

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Symantec Fax (Office 2003)

Andrew--

Fax will definitely not be impeeded by broadband high speed data transmission. I don't know your OS and some Windows OS's come with different fax software. I know Symantec fax was part of Outlook 98, but I don't know where it went from there. By "Symantec Fax" do you mean Win Fax Pro 10.0 which is a separately sold product for $99.95 retail Symantec Store or the lower end WinFax that comes with all versions of Norton System Works and there is help available in the program on either WinFax and KB articles on their site. Here is a site listing Symantec Fax Software.

Outlook 2002 eliminated integrated fax service feature, but it has been reintroduced in OL2003. But now it uses email and a third party fax service rather than a fax modem installed in your computer. You can send and received faxes. To send you fill out a fax form including content and recipient phone number. For receiving the service provider gives you a personal incoming faxphone number and converts this to an email message sent to the Outlook inbox.

Sending a Fax

Outlook: File>New>Internet Fax or Ctrl+Shift+X
    Word, Excel, or PP: Open the document File>Send To>Recipient Using Internet Fax

If you don't have an Internet Fax provider, Outlook will prompt you and send you to a web page to choose. Then Outlook will open a form for a default fax cover sheet or the other MOS 2003 components will attach your opened document to the fax message. You can preview you fax, get colst, or contact fax service provider via tools in the Fax Service task pane. You select an email account from the Accounts drop down box on the email header toolbar. Then click send and the fax form content will be emailed to your Internet fax provider as an ordinary email. It will forward this over phone lines to the recipient fax number or numbers.

I can't get these 3 Fax Info sites from the Microsoft Office Sites to work as links. I click on them and nothing happens. Clicking bax space to adjust lines has no effect. Maybe someone has the solution; but meanwhile you can paste them. They're worth accessing:

3 Links That Won't Move

Search Outlook Assistance for Faxes: 34 Articles
    About Fax Services
    Send a Fax

http://office.microsoft.com/search/results...1033&App=OL

http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/pre...=HP,HA,RC,FX,XT

http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/pre...=HP,HA,RC,FX,XT
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________

826866: How to Add Winfax to Word 2003
    Sending Faxes with Win XP
    How to Use Win XP Fax and Sending Faxes in Outlook Slipstick
    Slipstick's Guide to Fax Services

SMBP

Thanks

Re: Symantec Fax (Office 2003)

Thanks

Just added the Win XP Fax services.
    That did the trick.

Thanks
    Andrew