Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Missing Contact Lists (Outlook 2003)

I have just switched from Outlook 2000 to 2003 and imported my original Contact list. This list consists of a Contacts folder containing my main contacts plus several sub-folders containing other contacts.

In 2000 I could enter a contact's name in the "TO" box and it would find the name no matter which folder it was in. However, it seems that 2003 only looks in the main Contacts folder. Any clue as to why it won't look through all the sub-folders under Contacts?

Also, in 2000 when I click "TO" and open up the Select Names dialog box and then click on the down-arrow to select from a list it lists all of my contact folders, But when I do the same with 2003 and click on the down-arrow in the "Show Names From The" box, I only get two selections: Contacts and Outlook Address Book.

While I'm at it. What the heck is the difference between Contacts and Address Book? This has always bugged me although it's probably just my ignorance.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Missing Contact Lists (Outlook 2003)

Chuck, at least through 2002, -each- contact folder must be activated as an address book. I suspect it's the same issue here. Follow the steps in <!post=this,334705>this<!/post> post (or at least steps 2 and 3) for each Contacts Folder, close and restart Outlook. Post back if this doesn't fix it.

As to the difference between Contacts and Address Book, MS is actually trying to migrate to a place where they are synonymous, but ain't there yet. One reason they'll never completely do it is so that Corporate/Workgroup Users can also load Server-side Address Books, such as the Global Address List.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Missing Contact Lists (Outlook 2003)

Thanks John. That did it.