2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Right border next to hidden column doesn't print (2000)

I have a sheet where I've restricted entry by hiding all columns to the right and rows below the active part of the sheet. I'd like to keep borders around all the cells, but I can't get a border to print on the last column on the right. The top, bottom and left borders print. Even if I switch to a thicker border, nothing appears on the rightmost border when I print the sheet.
    I realize there may be some problem because all columns to the right are hidden, but, frankly, the printout looks pretty bad without borders surrounding all the cells.
    What can I do?
    Thanks in advance.
    Mark

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Right border next to hidden column doesn't print (2000)

This seems to be a "feature" of XL. The easiest way around it is to just have an extra column and row around your border that is not hidden. You can make the width/height of this column/row just a couple of pixels so it will not be seen. You also may want to set the Format -> Cells -> Protection Tab to protected & Hidden for all but your data entry area, then protect the sheet. That way the tab key will advance to the next data entry cell. See attached example, the sheet is protected without a password. HTH --Sam
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Right border next to hidden column doesn't print (2000)

Sam,
    Thank you very much for your response and taking the time to put an actual spreadsheet together to illustrate your point. Woody's Lounge is terrific. There's actually a Knowledge Base Article (211647) that details the bug (uh, "feature")........
    Mark