5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Query problems (2002)

I created an audit database a couple of years ago, and everything worked fine. I had a query running which told me how many audits were outstanding each month, by using a true in the criteria of a 'yes/no' field which was the month. I also used a log field which was a text field. I used the " " criteria in this field of the query, so any audits with a log no, would not show as outstanding. I have added new audits to the database this year, but if I use the " " criteria in the query, these new audits don't show up at all, but if I remove it they do. Anyone any ideas? I've even created a new query and tried that, but still get the same results.

Rob

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Query problems (2002)

Hi,

Try 'Is Null' (minus the leading and trailing apostrophes).

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Using " " as criteria is a bit unusual. Did you import the original data for this database from another application? If you enter data in Access, trailing spaces will be trimmed automatically, so if you enter a single space, the field will end up blank; importing will *not* trim trailing spaces.

For new data, you can probably use Is Null as criteria; to catch all, try " " Or Is Null

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Somethings weird. I had 5 audits showing, put a log no in 1, but only 3 showed as outstanding when I tried >" ", or Is Null.
    And there is definately no data in the field that's not showing, but should be.