3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Text sometimes blotchy (2000)

Sometimes my bold text comes out fine, yet on another slide the text is blotchy, as if it were written with ink on blotting paper.

Yet the text is formatted the same, and if I copy some text from the 'fine' slide to the 'blotchy' slide, it becomes blotchy too.

Any thoughts as to why this might be happening? It only happens with bold text.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Text sometimes blotchy (2000)

I think I've found a workaround, or perhaps have identified a bug...

I noticed that when I copied the text from the 'Slide Notes' then often the bold text (which was boldened in Slide Notes) came out blotchy on the slide. When I then selected the text in the slide, UNboldened it then boldened it again, it came out OK.

Hope this workaround helps someone out there!!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have encountered this problem recently on a presentation I did using the default bulleted list slide layout. The first bullet point is, as you described, blotchy yet the rest of the bullets are just fine. The only difference between this slide and all the others like it, is that this slide has custom animation set for the bullet points to change colour when the next bullet point appears.

I'd be grateful for any ideas.

Regards

Thanks

Check to see if you have "include animations" checked in the Print dialogue box.

Cheers
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, it's not unusual for animated text to get a case of the "jaggies" in PPT. The upshot is that it seems to be worse with some fonts than others, and the only true fix is to not animate the text. Sorry.