New Lounger
    Thanks

Additions to Headers (XP/2003)

Is it possible it possible to alter the header of emails so that any attachments are listed?

When emails with attachments are sent or received in either plain text or HTML the attachments appear in the header on screen but not when the email is printed out.

This is causing problems when coming to read hard copies at a later date and the body refers to an attachment, but doesn't specifically name the file, ie there is no way to tell what file was attached.

Apologies if this is a really simple problem but my Company has just swtiched to Outlook from Notes and we all seem to be in the dark over this.

Thanks

Dilbert

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Additions to Headers (XP/2003)

The annoyance with HTML formatted messages not printing their attachment names has existed for some time, though I have not heard that the attachment display names do not appear in PlainText. See <post#=307366>post 307366</post#> and <post#=322729>post 322729</post#>. (There are many more on the same subject.)
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Thanks

Re: Additions to Headers (XP/2003)

I was at the Sperry Software site the other day, and they have some printing add-ins for Outlook. I think one of the features was to list attachments in all message types, but I didn't check very closely.