New Lounger
    Thanks

sharing documents on server

i am trying to or have made a folder on the server and i want to be able to access it from different computers in the office
    and have all the info put in from the different computers show up at the same time if that makes sense we all need to put different parts in but read all the others
    thanks

Thanks

Re: sharing documents on server

Can you specify the type of server? Some folks share files using Exchange Server (public folders), others might use SharePoint Team Portal/Services (runs on IIS), still others would just use a file server. What did you have in mind?

New Lounger
    Thanks

i dont know really....there are several disk drives and i chose to put it on the public P: since all the computers contained that same one made a new folder with the info and now the office inputs numbers on the spreadsheet and then the lab puts its info on the same sheet and then the front needs to pull it up and finish the rest of the info and print....but when i shared the folder and we put our info in the others cannot see what the other added its only on the computer who entered it...it says it is online and there is a hand under the folder but not sharing info..
    sorry i dont know more

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Sounds like you need to set up the shares on the end users as well. You can either do this by amending the logon scripts - or by setting up a Mapped Networj Drive under Tools in Windows Explorer. HTH
    Gre

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Two points, talk to your network administrator if you have one and, it sounds like you are using Excel. From memory when you save an Excel file you need to specify that it is to be shared.
    Granville