2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Opening Word from Explorer (Word 2002 XP os)

I am having problems opening Word documents from windows explorer and from my documents. When I double click on the document I wish to open from explorer, Word opens with the "open documents" window at the side, but no document. From the "my documents" it is similar but on a second try each time the "open documents" window flashes and then closes and my file appears. At this stage when attempting to close word, it freezes. I have no problem opening Word direct and then opening and closing my files. When word is open and I then go to explorer to find and open a file, the problem disappears. I have recently installed WOPR tools and wonder if this may be causing the problem. Any help appreciated.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Opening Word from Explorer (Word 2002 XP os)

See if <!post=Reset 'Normal' double-click behavior for DOC files,219116>Reset 'Normal' double-click behavior for DOC files<!/post> helps. Note: the contents of the "Application used to perform action" text box are slightly different for Word 2002: on my PC they are

"C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice10WINWORD.EXE" /n /dde

If that doesn't help, the steps in <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (Word 97/2000),197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (Word 97/2000)<!/post> may help you to pinpoint the culprit.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Opening Word from Explorer (Word 2002 XP os)

Many thanks Hans. Problem resolved using the winword /r command although still get a glimpse of the "open document" window as a .doc file opens from explorer. Can live with that.
    Regards