2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

'You can only run one instance of List Box Wizard' (200/SR-1)

This message appears after choosing List Box from the Toolbox and clicking on the form. Other wizards work okay. I am a beginner in Access and may not understand how to use it. Today I reinstalled/repaired Office 2000 and still get the message.

I appreciate any suggestions you can offer for getting the List Box Wizard to work.

Diane

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 'You can only run one instance of List Box Wizard' (200/SR-1)

Hi Diane,

I have exactly the same problem, and have tried the same cure, with no result. A pain on one hand, but on the other hand, I can now set up a list box without the wizard. I typically set up a query first, add the list box to the form and adjust the properties of the list box to suit. The trickiest bit is column widths, in terms of getting the appearance right. The main properties (IMHO) of the list box to focus on are:

RowSourceType - set to "Table/Query" (unless you fancy constructing the SQL string yourself)
    RowSource - I usually set to my query (and by clicking the ... I can see how many columns I need and which columns contains [typically] the key field from one of my tables)
    ColumnCount - see above
    Columnwidths - trial and error (set a col to 0 to hide it)
    BoundColumn - stores the unique identifier [typically] of each row in your listbox - this can be a hidden column
    MultiSelect - press F1 for lots of help and tips on this one.

Hope that helps

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 'You can only run one instance of List Box Wizard' (200/SR-1)

Hi, Colm!

As always, it's nice to know I'm not the only one with this problem. I appreciate your solution and will try it today. Thanks for your response.

Diane