Star Lounger
    Thanks

Page 0 (2002 SP-2)

Problem with footer (and seems to appear whether different first page is checked or not) showing all pages after the first as "Page 0 of 3". I have looked at File|Page Setup|Layout and changed the "Section Start" selection to everything possible - no help.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Page 0 (2002 SP-2)

Have you checked the format of the page number 0? Go to View, Header and Footer, click on the page number 0, and from the Header Footer toolbar, click the format page number toolbar button. Depending on your situation, you'll need to choose from the following: (located at the bottom of the dialog box) Continue from previous section, if you have section breaks, or set the start at to be the correct number.

Thanks

If you switch to Normal view, what kinds of breaks are in between the pages? If they are Next Page Section Breaks, then can you change them to ordinary page breaks? Otherwise, you potentially have to change the page numbering for each section.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have (re)checked the format of the page number, and nothing I do will make pages 2 and 3 show up as anything other than "Page 0 of 3". I have tried checking and unchecking "Different First Page" on the page set up; when checked page 1 will appear as "Page 1 of 3" - when unchecked it appears as "Page 0 of 3".

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I am not sure how to tell for sure that the breaks are "ordinary" page breaks or not. I am fairly certain they are. In any case I have gone in and tried changing the Page Number Format | Page Numbering to Start at: 2 - and that does not help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The attached picture shows what manual page breaks and next-page section breaks look like in Normal view.

Would it be possible to post a stripped down version of the document? Delete or modify sensitive information. This would enable Loungers to investigate the problem directly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png x.PNG (2.0 KB, 0 views)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

TIA
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Your document correctly displays Page 1 of 3, Page 2 of 3 and Page 3 of 3 for me.

This suggests that your problem is not with the document, but with your word setup. Are you sure that you have Word 2002, SP2. Can you check with Help About and tell us what it displays.

StuartR

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Help | About shows...

Microsoft Word 2002 (10.4219.4219) SP-2

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I am looking at this too, and get the same problem, Page 0 of 3. It says 'Page 0' when you scroll down too. hmmmm

I have tried reformatting but cant seem to figure out what is wrong with it. I removed all headers, footers and formatting (paragraph, styles, font) and then the footer page numbering worked ok again.
    Thanks,

pmatz

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I used to suffer this problem, but haven't seen it recently. My - working - version of Word displays
    <font face="Georgia">Microsoft

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I had tried deleting the footers and readding about half-a-dozen times. This time I deleted the HEADER only and readded it - and everything looks ok. Thanks!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Just for the record, the page numbers display correctly (1 of 3 etc.) in your document in my version of Word - although Dutch, it has the same version number as Stuart's.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I wonder if it's the problem discussed at WD2002: All Document Page Numbers Are Unexpectedly Changed to 0 (Zero). I didn't follow up on the fix, however.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The version number <!profile=wittigbg>wittigbg<!/profile> reports higher up in this thread is lower than the one for the fix in the MSKB article (and than the version Stuart and I have, which doesn't suffer from this problem.) I think this reinforces Stuart's conjecture that the poster's Word has not been fully updated.