Star Lounger
    Thanks

Right-Click Menu - Send To (Outlook 2002 SP2)

Hi All,

I've got a user wants to send attachments by right-clicking them and selecting Send To > Mail Recipient. But when she does this, the Send To sub menu is (Empty) & greyed out.

I'm guessing there's a registry setting to control this - any idea what it may be?

Thanks in advance!

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Right-Click Menu - Send To (Outlook 2002 SP2)

Can you tell us more about if this is limited to certain apps, if file size is an issue, etc? Possible issues I can think of:

The temporary location of a copy of the attachments can be problematic in some WIN OS versions when the TIF space is exhausted. See <post#=303617>post 303617</post#>, and if it helps, thank <!profile=jscher2000>jscher2000<!/profile> and <!profile=unkamunka>unkamunka<!/profile>.

To use Send To in Excel, be sure that Tools | Options | General tab | Ignore other applications is UNchecked.

Added: or do you mean there are no Send-to pop-up menu options at all when the User right-clicks a file when in File Explorer?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7DS

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm sorry - I guess I didn't explain it well enough. The user will be in Explorer (NOT Internet) and have a file they wish to send.... let's say a .pdf. Now she should be able to right click the document, select Send To, and get a list of choices like Mail Recipient, Desktop, A: Floppy ......but they're not there......it only says "(Empty)" in greyed out text.

In reference to the post you provided...My User is not trying to open an existing attachment... but to create an email with an attachment: the selected pdf file.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

If you're saying that the entire Send To sub-menu is greyed out, then you need to look at the contents of your Documents and Settings[username]Send To folder in Explorer. Are the right Security permissions in place for the contents of this folder? Does Outlook show as your email choice in Control panel|Internet Options|Programs|E-mail?
    Gre

Star Lounger
    Thanks

We don't have Send To folders on the user's profiles, though the Sub-menu exists (see attached). Outlook is the default mailer for IE and in the registry also.

Where else could the Send To contents be defined, do you think? I've checked the roaming profiles and the entire C: directory for her workstation... no dice.... but that seems to be the right trak to follow, I think.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Are you sure you have "Show hidden files and folders" checked under Start|Settings|Control Panel|Folder Options|View? Send To is a default folder, but it is also Hidden by default.
    Gre

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thaaaat's the one! Yep - I had hidden turned off due to some searches I was performing on our netapp... Turns out the user is missing the directory entirely.

Thanks so much for your assistance!!