5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Upgrade Issues 97 to 2003 (97 sp2 - 2003)

We are getting ready to upgrade from Office 97 to Office 2003. I have been reading about the potential issues, but I have not run across any information about what we need to save on users' systems before we upgrade. For instance, what happens to the user's dictionary if he has added words, what about toolbar customizations and templates and user defined styles? Do you know the answers to these things or where I can find the information? Thanks!

Thanks

Re: Upgrade Issues 97 to 2003 (97 sp2 - 2003)

Microsoft Offers the Profile Wizard (in the Office 200X Resource Kit) and the end user-oriented "Save My Settings" Wizard. However, these could save many settings that are not necessary or appropriate for the much newer version of Office.

You might consider some third party tools that give you more flexibility than the above, including:

Personality Tranxport Professional from Tranxition
    Desktop DNA Enterprise from Miramar
    PC Relocator from Eisenworld (known for Aloha Bob)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Well.. I don't see how I can run the Office 2003 Save My Settings Wizard before I install Office 2003. So, I guess third party is the way to go. Thanks.

Thanks

There is a Save My Settings wizard for Office XP, but I don't think there was one for Office 97. Not sure it would work, but if you poke around at Microsoft.com there might be a specific yea or any on that.

Either way, I think you're wise to go with a more thought-out, professional solution, if the budget permits.