New Lounger
    Thanks

External code libraries (2000)

I administer a few templates loaded with code, autotext entries, toolbars, styles etc. There is a great deal of commonality but for example individual styles and subroutines are different to deal with different sized paper (US Letter, rest of the world A4). Is there an elegant way to store reused elements outside the templates, maybe in a dummy template not used directly to create new documents? Has anyone done this?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: External code libraries (2000)

That's what global templates are for. Any template stored in the location specified as Startup location in the File Locations tab of Tools | Startup... will be loaded automatically when Word is started. If you want to do this for a group of people on a network, you can use a network folder as Startup folder (you could even set a policy for this.)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Ah yes.. I forgot about those :-) But the problem is that I don't want to make all the code/styles/autotext available to all documents. Just a certain class of documents (let's call them Research documents)

Not a problem for the code because no-one is likely to run it directly, but a problem if I define a set of Research styles in there -- they'll then be available to the users Marketing documents too.

Cheers

New Lounger
    Thanks

I guess what would be ideal would be a set of Research templates which when a new document is started, import a core set of Research styles/autotexts/modules.... and then a set of Marketing Templates which import a core set of Marketing styles etc.... possible?