4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Capturing at timed intervals.

I have a Sony Digital Video camera which takes suprisingly good still shots.

Primarily I'm after some software that can use the camera as a source and take still images at timed intervals.

Alternatively i'm after some software that can take screenshots at timed intervals, but as this will only capture the onscreen image instead of 1152x864 goodness, this is a last resort.

Preferably relatively cheap or freeware or maybe even demo's of the more expensive software seeing as ill probably only be using it the once - i'm thinking of getting an infa red light for use with the video and if I do, i'd be interested to see whats going on in the garden after lights out, hence the timed intervals!

Any ideas or even clues as to what to type in on search engines would be much appreciated, thanks.

Thanks

Re: Capturing at timed intervals.

Some cameras come with that sort of software (I think my Canon S45 does), other have it available for a price. I'm not sure a "generic" application would be able to operate your camera, but perhaps it could... anyway, suggest you check for any downloads from Sony.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Capturing at timed intervals.

Thanks for your tips jscher2000, however....
    The software that came bundled with it is, lets just say "a bit basic" and leave it at that!

I think the camera works with the general digital video camera drivers that get installed using the windows update, so I expected there to be software available in the same way scanner software is, so it detects all of the available cameras, so the actual software doesn't deal with the drivers etc.
    For example, the sony software bundled with my camera works with my mates JVC as it just lists all available cameras attached to the PC.

For now, its back to the search engines for me!