Thanks

Password Protecting Identity Not Working * (W2K

Attempting to password protect an identity - the sole identity - in OE by > 'Managing Identities' > Click the identity that you want to set a password for > click 'Properties' > click to select the 'Require a password' check box > type a password in the 'New Password' and 'Confirm New Password' boxes > click 'OK' > click 'OK' > click 'Close'.

After doing this, opeing OE goes straight into the OE Inbox without requiring a password.

Is there something I missed to enable the password being required before access to the Inbox?

Thanks

Re: Password Protecting Identity Not Working * (

Hi, All ~

I figured it out.....

Password requirement will not work in a single-identity environment, sooooo......to protect the one and only e-mail identity, I created a second "psuedo" identity by > 'File' > 'Identities...' > Add 'New Identity' > Type in ''BS Identity'' > do NOT put password for this identity > click 'OK' > do NOT switch identities when prompted > make sure your identity is in the box where starting a program and checked > click 'Close' > then you must sign off OE by 'File' > 'Exit and Log off Identity'.

Next time you open OE, you will be required to choose your Identity and then enter your password to gain access!