4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Splitting large file

I need a way to split a 1.6 GB Ghost backup into pieces small enough to fit on CD's. (The machine it is from does not have a writeable CD so I stored it to the hard drive and transferred it to another machine using my Nomad.) Anyway, I need a way that would allow me to reconstruct the pieces on the machine after a crash without having to find and reload any software other than Windows. Any suggestions?

Ronny
    Ronny Richardson

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Splitting large file

See <!post=this,297780>this<!/post> thread.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Is it worth the expense of buying a writeable DVD drive to fit the entire Ghost image on one DVD? It could save in hassle...
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The problem is that it's an older machine that I want to keep using but don't want to put a lot of money in plus it has the weird half height CD drive that looks like it belongs in a laptop. I looked around to try and buy a CD-R to replace it and could not find one. I was willing to spend some money on it since full size CD-R are so cheap now and Ghost can span disks but no luck at all. The machine (a Dell OptiPlex GX100) has no free slots and a tiny footprint with only room for the tiny A-drive and half size CD it comes with. I don't think an external USB would work because Ghost reboots to DOS to write the images.

Ronny
    Ronny Richardson