3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Access Formula (2000 and XP)

I have something very weird occuring in a database and can't figure out what would cause it. Given these formulas which appear in a query that backs up a report:

Rate of Tax: IIf([DateofDeath]<#7/1/2003#,0.07,0.08)

Tax: (([Casket]+[TotalSectionA]+[TotalSectionC])/2)*[TAXRATE]+([TotalSectionB]-[Casket])*[TAXRATE]

SalesTax: ([Tax])

the formula kicks out 8% as the tax rate on the data entry form and calculates the sales tax at 8% correctly.

However, for any record AFTER 1/1/04, and only on the invoice, those formulas go back to 7% tax instead of 8%.

Does anyone have a clue of what would cause that?

Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access Formula (2000 and XP)

Is DateOfDeath a date/time field or text? It sounds like your date comparisons are sorting alphabetically, which would put 1/1/04 before 7/1/03.
    Charlotte

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

It's a date/time field and I don't think that's it. I think I referred to a field in the query by an incorrect name, i.e., it may be different in the query for the form than it is in the query for the report, but before I go any further and make those changes, I am testing, testing, testing just to be sure.

Thanks

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

My own fault! I named a control TaxRate in one place and Tax Rate in another and that caused all of the problem. As a result the data entry screen was correct and the report, although it did not show an error, used the 7% because there was a formula that calculated Tax Rate that way.

Sometimes in the haste to get done, I overlook the little stuff that comes back to haunt me!