Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: Persistent folders

Still got the problem?
    If your c-drive is FAT, I assume you have tried booting with a MS-DOS floppy and manually deleting them from there?
    Otherwise:
    These two links at JSI may be able to guide you through setting up a batch file to do the deletion on startup.

andyt

If the I/O device controller is in use by another application, wouldn't you be unable to delete it? Perhaps booting step-by-step might show where the device is also in use.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I just wanted to share with you that I have had a similar problem with empty folders that could not be deleted on NT server. I regularly delete large subdirectories, and occasionally one of the folders will absolutely not allow itself to be deleted. I have tried all of the things that others suggested to you, with no result.
    But.
    Whenever I go back to the server I try to delete the folder using the normal means. (I'm stubborn, I guess). Every time I've had this problem, I've been able to delete the problematic folder after a long period of time, >1 week, has passed.
    I know, it's not much of a solution, but at least you can hold out hope that they will someday 'unlock' them selves

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I've had a similar experience, must be just as stubborn I guess.

I've also used Filemon.exe (www.sysinternals.com) to watch what happens when I try to delete somthing sticky. What I found was the following failure when I tried to delete something-

36 9:08:28 AM EXPLORER.EXE:119 FASTIO_DEVICE_CONTROL M:binVisio_InstallInstallbinWindowsProfilesApplica tion Data FAILURE IOCTL: 0x70000

Any idea what IOCTL: 0x70000 is?
    Thanks,

C DeWitt

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

There's a good chance CBD's solution at <post#=268357>post 268357</post#> on the Windows 2000 forum works on WinNT too!
    More info down there...

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the info but I don't have this machine anymore, that was three years ago.
    Thanks,

C DeWitt

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Chris - I guessed so (it's allready a nice surprise you're still around, as three years is almost an eternity in the virtual world ;-)
    but I thought other readers still might be interested to know
    cheers - hasse

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123