3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

My Filenames are Blue (SP1)

What does it mean when within Windows Explorer (or My Computer) a folder, plus all sub-folders and filenames within that folder are listed in bright blue?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: My Filenames are Blue (SP1)

It could mean they're compressed (or, less likely, encrypted)?

See Windows Explorer => Tools => Options => the View tab => Advanced settings, then scroll to three lines from the bottom to the line "Show encrypted or compressed NTFS files in color", and see whether removing/adding the tick to the preceding box makes any difference. (You may well need to stop and start Windows Explorer to observe a difference...)
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I had this same question about blue files. I went to Windows Explore Help and searched for "windows explorer file color". The only result that I got was the Glossary! Some help.

Using the same search at WOPR, I found what I needed easily. Thanks to everyone who makes this tremendous resource possible.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Cathy

Glad you found the answer!

John

PS Are there many states called Kansas in Venezuela? Or are you suffering from the dreaded "Mouse Wheel Creep Syndrome"?!
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...