2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Two Tables of Contents (2000 SR-1)

I have a user who needs to create a report template containing the standard corporate blurb required. This way all the consultant has to do is add specific information for that client.

On page two of the report will be:

1. table of contents
    2. table of figures
    3. table of tables
    4. table of appendicies

We created 1,2 and 3 easily enough, (built based on styles) but we are stumped on 4.

The sheets of the various appendices are blank except for the header and footer details. Proper section breaks have been inserted between the appex 1; appex 2; etc. But each appex will not have a separate cover or dividing sheet.

Any suggestions please on create the a 'TOC' for the appendicies? I have not used field codes before.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Two Tables of Contents (2000 SR-1)

You could create a separate style for the appendix titles (if desired, with custom numbering). You can then insert a new table of contents, based on this style:
    Position the insertion point where you want the Table of Appendices to appear.
    Select Insert | Index and Tables...
    Activate the Table of Contents tab.
    Click Options...
    Clear the TOC level for Heading 1 through Heading 3.
    Scroll the list of styles until you see the appendix title style.
    Enter 1 under TOC level.
    Click OK to return to the Index and Tables dialog.
    Click OK to create the TOC.
    Word will ask whether you want to replace the existing TOC.
    Click No to create a new one.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Two Tables of Contents (2000 SR-1)

Hans

Thank you for your assistance. I have created TOC based on styles before. The problem was that the report was not to have title sheets dividing the appendices where I could apply styles. They also wanted the appendices pages left blank without any text or title where there could be a pre-applied style because they did not know what they were going to put.

So after some not so gentle persuasion, they now have sheets dividing appendices 1,2 and 3 and styles have been applied. And following your instructions to say no when asked to replace existing TOC, it does exactly what they want it to do.

Again thank you.