Star Lounger
    Thanks

Lines thru graphics in Word to .pdf (Word 2003)

Hi All,

I saw this question asked a while back, but now can't find it. Someone had mentioned that when he converted a Word document containing a graphic into .pdf format, that the .pdf viewed document showed lines running throughout the graphic. However, when the .pdf document was printed, the lines do not print. Does anyone know how to create a Word document containing graphics so that the lines are not printed over the graphic when the document is converted to a .pdf?

What is strange is that I have created many .pdf documents containing graphics and never had this happen before. The document I just converted to a .pdf file was obtained from someone else.

Thanks,

Marilyn

Thanks

Re: Lines thru graphics in Word to .pdf (Word 2003)

Is it related to the quality or subject matter of the graphic? If it prints normally but appears sub-par on the screen, this could indicate that Acrobat is just doing a really bad job rendering it down from print resolution (e.g., 300DPI) to screen resolution (e.g., 96DPI).

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi there,

I am attaching a screen shot of the picture as shown in the Acrobat Reader. Hopefully that will give you an idea of the problem I am having.

Marilyn
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

It's almost as though the picture should be in front of (and blocking) a bunch of lines, but instead appears to be behind a bunch of lines. I think there was a thread dealing with this problem of the "Z-order" of graphics but I dont recall whether it was only a lament or there is an actual workaround.