5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Date record entered (OXP-SR2)

I want to add the date that I enter a new record on my form. Adding a Date Entered field with today's date is easy. What I want is to make sure that if I revisit that record later, the form does not update to the then current date.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Date record entered (OXP-SR2)

The easiest way is to set the Default Value property of the Date Entered field to Date() or =Date() in the design of the table underlying the form. The current date will automatically be filled in when the user creates a new record, but it won't be updated later. (On the form, you can set the Locked property of the text box bound to Date Entered to Yes to ensure that the user can't modify the date.)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Hans.
    I discovered the Default Value property just before your reply. However, I used the DV on the Form, not the Table. Aside from the Locked property, what are the differences, if any?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You can set the Default Value property in the table or in the form, whichever you prefer. I usually set it in the table, because then, it will work wherever the field is used. If you set it in the form, it will only work there.