5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

DateDiff question (Access2K, Win2KPro)

I'm finishing up a project with an Entry Date on one form and a Discharge Date on a subform. In additon, there is a text box on the subform for entering the length of time in progem in terms of months and days. User has asked me to get the program to automatically determine this information -- reasonable enough. I can do the months between the dates with DateDiff("m", [INTAKE DATE], [DISCHARGE DATE]) but what about the days remaining? I have this solution:

DateDiff("d", [INTAKE DATE], [DISCHARGE DATE]) MOD 30 to sortof find the days remaining but, obviously, this won't give an exact count. I'm pretty sure this isn't a real problem as the infor will be fed to a query for overall reporting of the time in terms of an average but I was wondering if there's a better solution out there -- perhaps a function -- that gives the exact days remaining. I'm being a bit of a perfectionist on this point but it'd be nice to get the remining days spot-on.

TIA

sps

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: DateDiff question (Access2K, Win2KPro)

See for example the replies to <post#=187447>post 187447</post#> (in particular by MarkD)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: DateDiff question (Access2K, Win2KPro)

thanks - looks like it'll do the job.