3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Undeliverable E-mails? (XP)

We're running an Exchange Server, and we have on occasion got some staff who send E-mails to certain addresses, but the E-mails come back as undeliverable.
    Logically, the first 2 things one would look at would be whether the staff member sending the messages is over his or her Size Limit; then we'd see if the recipient has Anti-Spam software running, in case their software has blacklisted our domain.

When neither of these situations proves to be the reason for the Undeliverable Mail, we are left wondering what other reasons there could be.

Strangely, I have been able to send an E-mail to this recipient, but my colleague hasn't, so our Domain isn't Blacklisted. The Recipient tried sending an E-mail to the user in our office who was having difficulties, and he received it OK. Again, however, when he hit reply, the E-mail 'bounced'. Thus, the problem isn't with a typo either.

Any thoughts on why my colleague is being singled out against sending E-mails to this 1 recipient?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Undeliverable E-mails? (XP)

The only thing appears to be in relation to your colleague's account. Have you tried deleting it and rebuilding it? HTH
    Gre

Thanks

Sometimes it's the user's entry of the address. Either a typo (you would have noticed, I'm sure), or a misleading display name in the nickname file matched up with the incorrect address. Try the usual trick to delete the saved nickname (wait for the gray tooltip to pop up and press delete) and see if that helps.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Actually, the E-mails I sent did bounce back after I posted this message, so I guess there is a problem with either their Mail Server . . . or ours.

I'll have to investigate this if it continues. I'm hoping it was a one-off.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Regards

Brian