3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Multiple logins (XP/SP1)

Hi all
    Is it possible to have multiple logins set for a peer to peer Win XP network? Currently a user is not able to log into another workstation when he has logged in to his usual workstation.
    If it is possible where are the settings changes made, as I can't seem to find them?
    Thanks, Leigh

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Multiple logins (XP/SP1)

Are you sure that you are on a Peer to Peer network and not a domain network?

What happens when one tries to log in?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

DaveA
    I believe it is not a domain network; there are 3 users in co located offices that share printers and an Internet connection (all on WinXP, two as limited users, one Admin) and the whole network was set up as a workgroup named "XYZGROUP". They are not connected to a domain.
    Is there a way in which a workgroup user can have multiple logins as WinXP is currently giving a message to indicate that it is not allowed (current settings?)
    Thanks, Leigh

Thanks

I think it's possible to set a rule that a user can only be logged on in one place, but I use XP Pro, and I can't find the setting, so I can't be very helpful with the specifics.

It's only for convenience that workgroup-based networks are set up with the identical username and password on every machine. You could give the user an additional logon (e.g., UserName2) on all the machines as a workaround until the dust settles.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Yes, you are on a peer to peer network. I am on a P2P network at this time with 3 machines using the same log in. Each machine MUST that account name setup on it.

Are the Limited users the only ones that are having the problems?
    Can you give us a screen shot of the error message when one tries to login on the second computer?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.