Star Lounger
    Thanks

Ultimate document protection? (2002/SP-2)

I wonder if anyone can help. I imagine the answer to this will be no but I'll ask it anyway !! We have a document that we wish to email to a third party for them to read. I thought I'd be smart and I protected the document for forms with a password and sure enough no-one can do anything to it. However, I notice that if you create a new blank document, press the space bar and then do Insert, File and then bring in the file that the form password protection goes out the window!! I just wondered if anyone knew of a completely tamper proof way of doing this other than saving it is a PDF.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Ultimate document protection? (2002/SP-2)

The ultimate document protection is not to send it, of course. But seriously, it is virtually impossible to protect a document completely. If the user can read it on-screen, (s)he can do a PrintScreen, then use OCR to convert the image to a document again... A protected PDF file may well be the closest you can get.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Ultimate document protection? (2002/SP-2)

I had kind of figured that would be the answer but wanted to explore all avenues! Thanks very much anyway