Thread: New RAM

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

New RAM

Hello, I have an older system and now wish to install new SDRAM. My system has a P2 running at 400mhz and the current ram is PC100. Will PC133 still run on my system and if so what are the implications.

Thanks Darren.

Banned Member
    Thanks

Re: New RAM

The difference between PC 100 and 133 is not enough to hardly notice,,if you noticed at all. How much ram are you running? One of the quickest ways to add performance speed is by adding MORE Ram and a Better Video Card. As for as will PC 133 work on your Machine,,you will need to check your MotherBoard specs for that answer.Look in your manual if ya have one.
    And of course if ya know how and the Motherboard,, chipset,,and Proccessor will allow it,,,you can Overclock your Proccessor. Maybe up to 433 or 466 MHZ.

Thanks

Re: New RAM

As Cowboy said, the speed difference will be hardly noticeable, in fact in will NOT be noticeable at all because while the pc133 will run, it will run at the slower speed of the other RAM stick you have installed. That is at pc100 speed.

You're best bet is to go to CRUCIAL and user their free utility to determine the best RAM for your particular system.

Bob
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!