Star Lounger
    Thanks

Office 2000 & 2003 on same PC (Windows XP)

Hi all out there! I have come to rely on the lounge when I get stuck ;-)

I want to install Office 2003 on my PC, but want to keep Office 2000 also (I work in IT training, so could need either for writing training material) I know I should know the answer in this case, but I don't get involved in the 'techy' stuff! Someone has mentioned setting up a dual boot but I don't really want to do this. What is the best way to go about it?

TIA

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office 2000 & 2003 on same PC (Windows XP)

Most of it should work OK. There are two essential points:

1. Installation should proceed from oldest version to newest version. Since you already have Office 2000, that should be no problem.
    2. Installation should be in different folders. Since Office 2000 installs by default in C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice, and Office 2003 in C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice11, that should be no problem either.

You will notice that whenever you run a program such as Access, the file association of .mdb files will be to the version you ran most recently.

And you can have only one version of Outlook working on your system. If you install Outlook 2003, you will lose the use of Outlook 2000.