3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Excel 'handle' (Office 2000)

Recently I noticed that I am missing a function in Excel. When I enter the start of a series (say "1,2,3" in three adjacent cells) and then pick those cells, there was a "handle" in the lower right corner of the box around the selected cells that I could grab and drag and the series would be automatically continued to fill in the blank cells. I have tried "detect and repair" but this did not resolve the problem.

Thanks

Re: Excel 'handle' (Office 2000)

After selecting the cells, move the mouse to the bottom right and the cursor will change to a small plus ("+") this is the handle.
    Steve

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Are you saying that the "Fill Handle" is missing from the lower right corner of the cell selection border? If so, I'm not sure what could cause this, but try the following and see if any of it helps:

Select Run from the Windows Start Menu and enter the command below in the box:

"C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOfficeExcel.exe" /regserver

When you click OK to run the command, Excel will start and immediately shut down (you may not even see it). Then try open an Excel file from Explorer again.

If that does not fix the problem, then try the rest of the steps in Jan Karel's Star Post .
    Legare Coleman

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, I was speaking of the "fill handle" in the lower right corner of a cell selection. I am not sure what happened but it is back today. All I can assume is that the "detect and repair" that I did yesterday didn't take full effect until I rebooted. Everything seems to be OK now. Thanks to all who responded.
    Jim