Edinburgh, Scotland

scripting uninstalls (applies to all versions)

Can anybody provide me with any help for scripting the uninstall of a program. I've seen this done in the past but at the time wasn't enlightened enough to think to write it down.

I seem to recall it involved going into the registry and picking up a key relating to the program, i assume probably the relevant key in the windows/curent version/uninstall but i'm afraid that is merely guesswork

any help would be appreciated

Platinum Lounger
    Quedgeley, Gloucester, England

Re: scripting uninstalls (applies to all versions)

The only person who knows the proper way to uninstall a program is the programmer who wrote the Install Script (using InstallShield, Wise, or whatever).

Provided you haven't deleted any of the critical files, there should be an entry in Start => Settings => Control Panel => Add/Remove Programs for that program which will do the job as the original programmer specified...

Any other way is largely a matter of guesswork and luck, because there are so many things to take care of (directories and files, shortcuts, registry entries in likely and unlikely locations, and so on).
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...