New Lounger
    Thanks

Send To Error (XP Pro)

Using Win XP Pro. When I use the "Send To" function in the "Open Files" box to send a file to another drive (A: for example) it seems to send the file just fine. However, at the end of the process, I get an error message that says "The Target Can Not Handle This Type of Document". I used to do the exact same thing when we were using Win 2000 with no error message. Anything I can do to correct this? Is it anything I need to be concerned about?
    Thanks,
    Bill

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Send To Error (XP Pro)

Does this article help you at all? I found it with a quick and dirty Google search, but I am not sure if it applies to your situation or not.
    -Mark

New Lounger
    Thanks

Mark, It is the same error message except for the part about the zipped files. When I am working on a document (usually in Word) I like to keep a running backup by "sending" a copy to A: periodically. I do it this way because if you use "save as" it changes your default drive to A: Win 2000 worked just fine without the error message. XP seems to be sending the copy OK but, with the extra bonus of the error message.
    I appreciate your help,
    Bill

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Bill, Why don't you just let Word make a periodic copy?

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks

Joe,
    If you are talking about automatic backups (Tools, Options, Save, Check Auto Backup Box), I could do that. However, I like to keep different disks to keep the backups separated by category. Auto Backup puts them all into the same place (or does it put them into the same directory with the original?). Either way, the idea is to not put them on the hard drive and to categorize.
    Thanks,
    Bill

New Lounger
    Thanks

Mark,
    After looking at the article that you pointed to and making my response, I did another search on the MS Support page and found "my" error message. Basicly, they said it is much ado about very little. They know about the error message but it does no harm. Just click OK and go on. Thanks for stearing me in the right direction.
    Bill