3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Problem with File (PowerPoint 2002)

I took a PowerPoint presentation to class and Media delivered a lap top. I loaded it before class and saw the image on screen. I started class, then 20 minutes later attempted to run the slide presentation, but couldn

Thanks

Re: Problem with File (PowerPoint 2002)

How old is your floppy drive? What can happen over time is the floppy drive no longer writes as precisely as it did before. Then other computers with "tighter" drives will have trouble reading disks formatted on a "loose" drive.

Cheers
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

It was not the floppy, but the zip drive. A big, fat, supposedly secure zip drive for the PowerPoint which worked fine on my machine yesterday, but won

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I would never run a file from or save directly to removable media, whether it's a floppy, a zip, a USB thumb drive (although those do seem to have fewer problems), a CD, whatever. The reason for this is because of exactly what you've just experienced. Running from/saving to removable media is just asking for corrupt PPT files.

Here's an old MS newsgroup thread that discusses exactly this. http://tinyurl.com/3bg7f